When Ana of The Model Stage (check her beautiful blog out!) nominated me for this award, I didn't know what it was, so I did a little bit of researching.
Basically, the word liebster means "sweetest" or "beloved" in German, and is a way for you to show appreciation for a blogger whose work you enjoy. No, there are no official ceremonies or fanfare; it has more to do with good will and encouragement toward your fellow bloggers.
Not only that, but it is also about building community and getting to know each other. After all, blogging about your interests is way more fun when you actually have someone to talk about your interests with!
The award is given to blogs with fewer than 1000 followers, and if there are bloggers that you would like to nominate, the "rules" are listed below.
Okay, now let's move on to Ana's questions for me:
1) What’s the best part of being a blogger?
Definitely sharing my interests with others, and getting to know other readers and bloggers.
2) Who’s your fashion icon and why?
Kate Moss because she is chic, yet also exudes cool, without seeming as though she is trying too hard. I love Kate Moss!
3) Bold red lips or nude & natural?
Bold red lips, but they should only be paired with very clear, perfectly matte skin, at least in my case. Otherwise, they could emphasize any skin condition that the wearer may have. Of course, that's just my opinion! :-)
4) What would be three fashion and/or makeup items you couldn't live without?
Lancome powder foundation, Maybelline The Falsies mascara, and Revlon "Cherries in the Snow" lipstick.
5) Who was your teen idol crush?
Taylor Hanson. Haha. Here's a picture of him from years back, for you youngins who may not know who he was:
6) What’s your current addiction?
I'm currently on the hunt for a perfume that smells like the classic Nivea cream. Suggestions, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
7) What’s your life motto?
Live life as though you ARE still going to be alive tomorrow, because chances are, you will!
8) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Five years from now, I hope that I will still be blogging (except perhaps with a better camera), and will have completed a marathon (without feeling as though I'm about to die).
9) Where’s the next place you’d like to travel to?
The UK, definitely! Many of my favorite authors, poets, and musicians are from there.
10) What makes you genuinely happy?
My beautiful family. :-)
11) What are 5 words that describe you best?
Talkative, sociable, sensitive, bookworm, curious.
Here the blogs I am nominating, and I recommend visiting all of them:
Saida Cane Photography
Freckles and Flaws
Blogger in Wonderland
Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog
Fashion by Reneta Kanevska
Here are my questions for the nominees:
1) What is your most prized possession?
2) What is your favorite quality in yourself?
3) Your top 3 beauty products?
4) Bath or shower?
5) What makes you happy?
6) What is your most favorite word?
7) Do you have any phobia? If so, what is it?
8) What's a book that you can read over and over again?
9) Where would you like to travel to?
10) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
11) Where do you see yourself five years from now?