One of the reasons why I love using Besame makeup so much is because when I do, I would feel as though I have been transported to another time an place. Depending on the outfit of the day, which greatly depends on my mood, I could be a 1920s-era flapper, a 1930s film star, a 1940s pin-up girl, or even a 1950s sweetheart.
However, let me make one thing clear: this is not costume makeup. In fact, I don't dress up in retro-inspired garbs every day. Besame makeup is great for the modern girl who wants to add chicness to her daily repertoire, too.
Makeup, to me, is self-expression, but Besame provides more than just that; it also provides a great form of escapism! I don't know about you, but I love, love, LOVE getting all gussied up. For me, beauty is not a chore; it's something that I enjoy doing.
So, today, I'm going to review Besame's cake mascara, that also works as an eyeliner and eyebrow tint. This product is part of my birthday haul, which you can see here.
"A mascara in cake form? What's that?" You said. Or, maybe you didn't, but I digress. Did you know that traditionally, mascara was presented in this form, and tube mascaras didn't come about until much later? Besame's cake mascara is a wonderful product that is very easy to use. All you'd have to do to activate it is to add water, mix it in, and apply. Voila! The beauty of this product is that it truly is smudge-proof, yet so easily removed with just water if you made a mistake, or if you're done with it for the day. Also, because you rinse the brush out when you're done and store it in a separate compartment, away from the actual product, you're also preventing bacteria from growing, thus making the product last until the very last drop.
So, how smudge-proof is this? Well, let's see, I applied this product to my lashes, eyelids, and eyebrows. Then, I took care of my twin boys and the home all morning, pushed them around in a stroller around the mall for the afternoon, went home, cooked while taking care of the boys at the same time, and then worked out at the gym. I basically gave this product a 12-hour test and you know what? Everything was still in place after all that time, so I'd say that Besame's cake mascara gets two thumbs up!
So, what are the pros and cons to this product? I've broken them down below.
- The product can be used three ways -- as a mascara, eyeliner, and eyebrow tint. You are actually saving money and space.
- It is easy to use!
- It's smudge-proof.
- Did I mention that it's easy to use? It took me only 30 seconds to do a cat eye on each side, and I normally can't even do that with other liners! (I've tried liquids, gels, pencils, you name it -- I've used it).
- You don't have to toss it out after three months.
- It's stored in a sturdy, historically-correct compact.
- The mascara doesn't clump and the formula is very buildable.
- There is none, and my single "issue" with this product isn't even really an issue. As a mascara, it is great for adding "oomph" to your lashes -- you can add as many coats as you need to in order to build volume without them clumping up, and it is also definitely great as an eyelash darkener. However, if you expect lengthening result with this, your result may vary. But, in all honesty, if you want the exaggerated, false lashes look, perhaps it's best to actually wear false lashes, like I do! :-)
Would I repurchase? Absolutely! At only $25, I'm getting three products that I can use until the container is completely empty. I don't know about you, but that's awesome, considering that a typical mascara begins to dry the minute we open it to use.
Here is a video on how to use the product:
Where to purchase: Besamecosmetics.com. There is also a search option there for you to find the nearest stores to you that also carry Besame cosmetics.