Don't forget that my international beauty giveaway is going on right now!
A few weeks ago, Kerry at Blogger in Wonderland and I agreed to have an international beauty swap. If you'd like to see what I sent her, you can see her post HERE. Anyway, we didn't really have a specific end date or anything in mind, but we did give each other guidelines. I told her that I had never gotten to try anything from Bourjois or Barry M., and that what we have of Soap & Glory here was very limited. Oh, and that I don't really wear eyeshadows in yellow, orange, or lime green! :-P
After talking daily on Twitter for a couple weeks or so, we finally received our packages!
Since we don't have a monarchy here in the United States, I found it exciting to see this fancy stamp on the package I received:
When I opened up the box, it was like Christmas all over again! Kerry did gift wrap everything, but I was too impatient, so I unwrapped them.
Here are the edible treats (and a pretty, stylish necklace!):
1) Clipper strawberry-flavored herbal tea: I had never heard of this brand before, so I was very excited to try it because it's different! Sean (my husband) and I don't really drink fruity teas, or tissanes. We usually drink blacks, whites, greens, and oolongs. That's it! However, we both agreed that Clipper's strawberry tea is delicious. It has a zingy, tarty flavor with a smooth finish. This is definitely something that I would repurchase.
2) Eros English Breakfast: I like English breakfast teas in general, so of course I knew I was going to enjoy this one. It really was yummy. I enjoyed it!
3) MaltEaster Chocolate Bunny: This, I did not share with Sean. Lol. I meant to! I had every intention to! But, when I bit into it, I was distracted by how delicious it was and finished the entire bar in record time. Kery said that the treat is only available at Easter time.
4) Love Hearts: I had never heard of this brand before, and assumed that the candy was going to be like the Sweet Hearts that we get here during Valentine's season, but it's not. This one is tarty, delicious, and fizzes in your mouth. I confess, I stood in front of a mirror with my tongue out, waiting for the candy to fizz up. Haha.
5) Drumstick: Oh, this is delicious! It tastes just like Surf City Squeeze's raspberry-banana smoothie! At first, I thought the packaging said Rum Stick, and was so excited because I thought that I had gotten rum candy. Lol.
6) A dainty necklace: I'm wearing it right now. It's pretty and I like the minimalist style!
7) The Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer: I can't wait to try this. I've been curious about TBS' Vitamin E skincare line.
8) Macadamia Oil Extract: I love hair oils! Part of my daily routine is applying a moisturizing hair oil to my hair right after showering. I can't wait to try this, as I like the smell of it.
9) Miss Sporty smoky eyes palette for brown eyes: The color is very pretty, and complement each other. There's a clearer picture of it right below this one!
10) Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter: This smells so pretty, and the texture is very nice! I like how the scent is long-lasting, too, instead of disappearing right away.
11) Nivea Green Tea Cucumber soap: I do not believe we have this one here either. I opened this to smell it and almost didn't have the heart to use it because it smelled so nice.
12) Beauty Formulas Rejuvenating Glorious Mud Facial Mask: The concept and packaging remind me of Freeman's facial masks, which I adored back in high school. I plan on relaxing with this mask on my face soon; it'll have to be when my husband is home with the twins, so that I wouldn't be distracted.
13) Bourjois "Golden Lilac" blush: Absolutely gorgeous! I can apply it with a dense, angled blush brush for more color payoff, or use the included brush for a sheer healthy glow. A clearer picture of this is right after this one.
14) Nivea Creme: Oooh, I have always wanted to try the European version of the classic Nivea Creme, because I read that it's different from the American version, and it is! The American version is made in Mexico, with a different consistency that takes longer to blend in, and a stronger, heavier perfume-y smell. The European Nivea Creme sinks into my skin easily, and has a lighter, fresher smell.
15) Simple facial moisturizer (it's the white bottle in the back with the green cap): I've been curious about this brand, but never tried it. This moisturizer is light and unscented; it gently softens my skin without making it greasy. I think this is a great product for when I'm just hanging around the house and don't need SPF.
16) Natural Collection volumizing mascara: I have four opened tubes of mascara that I need to use up right now, so I haven't tried this yet, but I'm excited because I don't think we have this brand here!
17) Mum & Me Bath Crackles: It was very sweet and thoughtful of Kerry to include something for my boys! They can't fully sit upright in the bath yet, but when they can, I'm going to add this to their bath water. I think that they'll enjoy it a lot, because apparently it fizzes, changes colors and crackles!
18) Barry M. green lipstick: A lipstick that looks different on each person! I have had it gone from a very sheer rose to a sheer, brighter pinkish red on me, depending on my body temperature. It reminds me of the mood lipsticks that my aunt had when I was a little kid, but Barry M.'s version has a much more pleasant texture, and isn't sticky.
Overall, I was very happy with the swap, and can't wait to do more in the future!
Oh, and here's a bunny cake that I baked for Easter Sunday! It was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut. :-) The eyes were made out of Hershey's chocolate eggs.
Have you ever participated in an international swap? Is this something that you'd ever be interested in trying?
I'd love to hear your answer, and if you have a blog -- feel free to include a link, too!