I am hosting a raffle for you to win any Merlot-brand skincare product of your choice! Enter HERE.
As you can see, I have been trying to catch up with my duties by blogging a lot on vacation. Lesson learned: don't assume that you will get reliable internet everywhere you go! Haha. Also, try not to make blog-related commitments that will coincide with your vacation dates. At least, that's what I'm not going to do in the future. I still have so many comments and questions to respond to, three super fun nail tutorials to post, and two reviews to write, and I hope to finish them soon. :o)
Today's review is for Egyptian Magic cream, that truly feels like a magical multi-purpose cream!
Flipping through the pages of the latest magazines from the United States to London, to France, I have seen numerous mentioning Egyptian Magic, a head-to-toes cream that's been touted to be magical. Of course, like a magpie, I got curious!
To be honest, I have been jaded by hypes and disappointments so many times, that I did not expect much from this cream. However, like I said, I am also a curious person and must try everything before reaching my own conclusion.
When I got my hands on a jar of Egyptian Magic, I was impressed by its short list of expensive ingredients. "Maybe there is hope yet," I thought.
I've broken down the ingredients for you, and what each does:
- Olive oil: Contains hydroxytyrosol, a stable form of polyphenol, which is a powerful antioxidant. Its antioxidant capacity is twice as much as CoQ10, and ten times that of green tea! Free radicals are what wreak havoc on our skin, causing everything from aging to unhealthy appearance; antioxidants help fight free radicals.
- Beeswax: Locks in moisture, fosters cells, and protects skin from damaging environmental factors. Beeswax effectively moisturizes skin, while naturally creating a protective barrier against the elements as well. Lastly, its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergenic, and anti-germicidal antioxidant properties make it beneficial for wound healing. This is why whenever my face has painful breakouts, Egyptian Magic cream heals it in no time! [Source]
- Honey: Provides nutrition for the skin due to its high contents of nutrients. It also aides in hydration due to its humectant state. It is also an effective anti-aging ingredient due to it being an excellent antioxidant. [Source]
- Bee Pollen: Relieves skin-related ailments, such as irritations, eczema, hives, rashes, etc. [Source]
- Royal Jelly: Royal Jelly is a 100% natural product that is fed to the Queen Bee. Royal Jelly is used in a variety of of skincare products because it consists mostly of water, protein, and sugars (fructose and glucose) and also includes healthy fats, salts and amino acids. The abundance of vitamins and minerals contained in Royal Jelly make it an excellent choice for natural skincare. [Source]
- Propolis Extract: A resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree bark, sap flowers, or other botanical reserves. Thousands of years ago, Queen Cleopatra discovered that Propolis was effective in preserving and treating. Propolis naturally prevents cell damage and encourages cell renewal. It is also naturally anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-viral, which help prevent bacterial from spreading while your skin heals. Propolis also helps heal, soothe, and strengthen aging skin. [Source]
So, how does one use this cream?
First, take a very small amount (remember, this is a pure, undiluted product, so you do not need a lot!) and let it melt in your palm, before rubbing it into your skin until it is fully absorbed.
While Egyptian Magic is a non-greasy product, and is suitable for all skin types, I strongly recommend using only a small amount at a time and rub it in thoroughly for the product to really take effect. If you overload on the product, it may make your skin feel greasy even though this is a non-greasy cream.
Where can you wear Egyptian Magic cream? Everywhere! I even use this on my 9-month-old sons. Sometimes they like to play rough with each other, thus ending up with minor scratches and scrapes, and this cream makes those skin injuries disappear in no time. I use this on my lips, face, neck, elbows, knees, my entire body! A small amount goes a long way, remember. Also, whenever I have painful hormonal breakouts, Egyptian Magic cream really does soothe and heal them quickly. I prefer to use this at night as part of my nightly routine.
Where to buy:
**This product was sent to me, free of charge, to review.