Granted, this gift was actually for our entire family to enjoy. You see, we did not plan on getting a new car, but when the boys were born, we realized that we could not fit both carseats in the back of either of our cars, so a larger one had to be purchased.
So, that was what I got. Ever since then, I have been wanting to go on a roadtrip. Actually, I have gone on several roadtrips before, but those were in compact cars, which were not always the most comfortable. Now that I have a larger vehicle (and bigger is almost always better, friends!), I really want to go on a trip.
And that's exactly what I'm going to do in just five days! On August 15th, we are going to embark on a trip through the American Southwest. Unfortunately, we won't be able to drive through all of the Southwestern states, but we will get to visit a few.
So, here's our itinerary: Start in San Diego, California (the state right next to Arizona), drive through Arizona and New Mexico, and eventually stop in Texas.
Since packing for Sean and the boys will be easy enough, I thought I should plan what pack to for myself first so that I won't be too stressed out later.
First up is Beauty. I plan on traveling light, so I want to keep everything down to the minimum, while still looking great. These products are versatile, and can easily transition from day to night.
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation: This foundation is sweat-proof and amazingly long-lasting! You may read my review for it HERE.
2. Urban Decay Primer Potion: I think this is really good for keeping my eyeshadows intact! I have the very large professional size of this product, so it'll last me awhile.
3. Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte pressed powder: By far the best powder I've ever used. It seals my foundation very well and I don't have to touch-up my nose again for six to eight hours at a time.
4. Mary Kay Customized Palette: I love this! This is all that I'm bringing with me, in regards to eyeshadows and blush. The shades are so versatile and can be worn day and night. See my review of it HERE.
5. L'Oreal Butterfly Waterproof Mascara: Not the best mascara I have ever tried, but not the worst either. Since I bought it, I'll use it up during the trip, but will definitely not repurchase. I like that it is very effective at being waterproof, and lasts all day.
6. Bioderma Micellar Water: One of my favorite micellar waters, for sure! This easily removes every single trace of makeup.
7. Mary Kay "Passion Pink" lipstick: A very pretty, versatile, bridal-pink lipstick that I love! I like that it instantly wakes my face up.
8. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in "Medium Bronze": This is a matte bronzer with a natural, satin-like sheen that looks like natural skin once you're wearing it. I like to use this to add some warmth to my face, and contour!
9. Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection #3: Since the South West is going to be quite hot during this time of year, I decided to pack very light and refreshing fragrances. Big Pony Collection #3 smells like the better version of Marc Jacobs' Daisy, and much longer-lasting.
10. Escada Rockin' Rio: A perfect perfume for when I need to take a break from Big Pony #3. Rockin' Rio is like...tropical flowers blended with fruit salad, with a squeeze of citrus juice on top. So refreshing yet complex at the same time!
11. Life on the road and in hotel rooms isn't always the most comfortable, and I wanted to bring something that will remind me of the comfort of home, so I'm bringing Bath & Body Works' "Fresh Bamboo" candle with me. Granted, my house doesn't smell like fresh bamboo all the time, if ever, but I look forward to the hours of relaxation that this candle will provide for me. :o)
1. Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo: This makes my scalp tingle from all of the rosemary and peppermint extracts, lol, and keeps it so healthy! It also smells so tranquil, and doesn't strip my hair of moisture.
2. Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Conditioner, Peppermint-scented: I like this a lot! The conditioner moisturizes my hair without making it greasy, and keeps it so shiny.
3. Dr. Woods Shea Vision Pure Black Soap: This is pure African black soap, mixed with shea butter. Whatever your skin ailment is, this body wash will help relieve it. Watch out for my full review of this product in the coming weeks!
4. Bath & Body Works Almond & Honey body scrub: This scrub smells just like what its name implies, and is also super moisturizing! The creamy almond and sweet honey scents go so well together, and the blend is just scrumptious.
5. Dr. Woods Facial Cleanser: I love this cleanser! It gently cleanses my face without causing dryness. When I remove my makeup, I use micellar water, but I always use a facial cleanser as part of my showering routine. The review for this will be up in the coming weeks!
6. Soap & Glory The Daily Smooth Body Butter: This smells amazing! I'm usually not very fond of putting on body moisturizer, but the jasmine-berry-vanilla scent blend in this body butter is worth the effort!
7. Merlot Moisturizer SPF 15: Chock full of anti-oxidants with sun protection, this moisturizer is also non-greasy and disappears right into the skin. Look out for reviews in the coming days for all of the Merlot skincare products mentioned here!
8. Merlot Moonlight Radiance Night Cream: Another excellent product from Merlot Skincare. The night cream is very moisturizing, yet is non-greasy, so it's perfect for even the most oily of skin types. Despite the name "cream," it's actually quite light in texture and refreshing.
9. Merlot Eye Cream: I like this so much! Despite being on the oilier side, my eye areas are quite dry, and this eye cream has helped a lot.
10. Egyptian Magic Cream: This cream truly is magical! It does everything, and can be used from head-to-toes. Best of all, it contains very expensive ingredients. Stay tuned for a review for this as well, coming within the next few days!
11. Not pictured, but definitely a high SPF sunscreen. Sunscreen should be a part of our daily healthy and beauty routines!
I plan on traveling as light as possible, and since we will have access to the laundromats along the way, there really is no need to pack a lot.
1. Charcoal-grey skinny jeans.
2. Navy-blue skinny jeans.
3. Basic tops in olive-green, and black.
4. Lace top from Free People. No longer available.
5. Black-and-white stripes mini skirt.
6. Ankle boots.
7. Black ballet flats.
8. Crocheted drawstring purse from The Sak.
9. Floral A-line dress.
10. eShakti dress. My review for it is HERE.
11. Brown leather wedges.
12. Not pictured, but I plan on bringing a lightweight cardigan sweater, and a black peacoat, which I highly doubt I will need, but just in case. Lol.
How about you? What are your plans for the remainder of the Summer?
If you have a blog, feel free to leave a link!