- Win some Fall fashion accessories! Click HERE.
- Win a Merlot skincare product of your choice: click HERE.
- Win an autographed One Direction makeup kit: click HERE.
- Win 2 autographed One Direction makeup kits, 2 One Direction concert tickets, 2 airplane tickets, free hotel stay for 2 people, free spending money, and free transportation HERE.
I hope that you have heard of MeMeBox (pronounced Me-Me Box) by now, because it is amazing! As you may have guessed, it is a beauty box service, but it is different from all of the other ones, for the following reasons:
- The boxes are from South Korea (they are shipped to many countries), and feature only the top quality South Korean beauty brands.
- Each box has a theme, so while it is a surprise, you will still have an idea of what you are getting, and make your choices.
- The majority of the products are full-sized.
- The boxes are available in different price ranges, so that you can purchase the box that you feel comfortable paying for.
- Since MeMeBox understands that it may be difficult for consumers outside of South Korea to purchase the products in the box, they also have an online store where you can repurchase your favorites.
- This is not a subscription service, so you don't have to make a commitment! Order the boxes you want, or wait until you see ones that you like.
Recently, I received Skincare box #9. It retailed for only $29, yet contained over $200 worth of products. The box is sold out, but there are so many different boxes available on MeMeBox's website for you to choose from.
So, what did I get? Why don't we open this box together? :o)
The box came with five full-sized items, and two deluxe-sized samples!
1) Dewytree White Dew 7 Cut Extreme Serum: A lot (not all, but a lot) of beauty bloggers who tried MeMeBox, usually ones in the West, were quite offended when they saw products with the words "white" or "whitening" in the name, because they assumed that these were skin-bleaching products that promote white skin. Well, I am here today to explain to you that those women misunderstood, through no fault of their own, of course. Typically, when a skincare product from Asia (by that, I mean Japan and S. Korea) says that it "whitens," what the manufacturer means is that it brightens your skin and reverses signs of sun damage, which usually include darkened skin tone, uneven skin tone, sun spots, dark acne scarring, etc.
For example, my natural skin tone is on the lighter end of the spectrum. However, I live in beautiful, sunny Southern California, which means that I am out in the sun a lot, and my skin would darken a bit, even with sunscreen. Thus, these skin brightening products, such as Dewytree's White Dew 7 Cut Extreme Serum, are very helpful for reversing the signs of sun damage.
So, how does this product perform? Well, I love, love, love the texture of this serum. It sinks into my skin quickly, and has a non-greasy, yet also non-drying finish. Would I say that it is effective? Yes.
2) Secret Key Super Plumping Jelly: This product promises to erase years off of your face and plumps up your skin over time. Does it work? Well, I don't have deep wrinkles yet (thank God!), but my skin definitely is more plumped after I began to wear the Super Plumping Jelly regularly!
I have to say, this is the most unique moisturizer I have ever seen. It is 100% clear gel, yet it is super hydrating and feels very cool and refreshing on the skin.
3) Verikos Advanced Power Tightening Cream: This is a deluxe-sized sample, and it is so cool! Why? It has snake venom. I'm serious! In addition to the snake venom, it also has collagen, Bifida, and amino peptide. The product promises to firm, smooth, plump up wrinkles and fine lines.
I did not use this, but I gave it to my mom to try (she doesn't allow me to tell you guys her age, sorry! Hehe), and she really liked it. According to my mom's report, she used this on her neck and jaw line, and saw amazing results. She said that her skin really firmed up, and that the deep wrinkles became much less noticeable! I think I know what I'm going to get her for Christmas. :o)
4) Nasarang Rose Balancing Toner: Oh, my goodness, if there is a perfume that smells just like this rose toner, I'd douse myself in it! The toner smells like rose petal, freshly picked from the garden. Yes, the label says "whitening," but it really means brightening and fading dark spots; it will not bleach your skin, so don't worry! I love this toner, and I think that it is suitable for all skin types.
Does it fight wrinkles? I don't know, but I will say that it will not dry out your skin; it is very nourishing, so people with aging skin can use this without a problem.
5) Boscians 5th Edition Cycle Repair Wrinkle Spot: This is an anti-wrinkle treatment cream that is designed for your eye areas. Since I don't have deep eye wrinkles yet, I gave this one to my mom as well, and she has really been enjoying using it. My mom said that the cream feels smooth and makes the skin around her eyes feel very soft. It also softened her eye wrinkles over time.
6) Snail Bee High Content Essence: When I first heard of skincare products with snail secretion last year, while researching Korean BB creams, my reaction was, "I would never use something like that!"
However, I have since gotten over my prejudice, and I am very glad that I gave this product a try. After having used this product for a few weeks, my skin does have a more healthy glow. I admit, the smell isn't very pleasant, but it does not last long and disappears very quickly after I applied it to my skin. The product also promises to prevent aging, so I will continue to use it as a preventative method.
7) Dewytree Teatree Porest Powder in Toner: If you've visited my blog often enough, then you'd know by now that I have oily skin, and the worst area is my nose. This toner has powder in it, which means that it provides long-lasting oil control. I use this all over my face, but my favorite area to apply this toner to is my nose. The tea tree oil in this also kills bacteria and prevents acne.
Have you tried MeMeBox?
If you have a blog, feel free to leave a link with your answer; I would love to visit it! :o)