Sorry that I haven't been updating much! I have been very busy cleaning the house, to make preparations for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've gotten a lot under control, though, so you may expect to see me update on a near daily basis again. :o) I will also respond to questions and comments soon (been super busy!).
Before moving forward with Week 4 of my fitness journey, please be sure to read the previous weeks, too, if you haven't yet:
Week 1 covers:
- My fitness routine.
- What I eat.
- The supplement I am taking.
Week 2 covers:
- Replacing your sugar with healthier alternatives.
- What I eat.
- How I got rid of my red and purple stretch marks.
- Before & After pictures from Weeks 1 and 2.
Week 3 covers:
- Healthier dessert recipe.
- Week 3 progress picture.
Does this mean that I will stop living a healthy lifestyle? Of course not!
"If you are tired of starting over again, stop giving up."
The reason why so many people try a fitness or weight loss program, only to give up and then try again, repeating an endless cycle, is because they have unrealistic expectations. They don't see the results that they want, so they give up.
That is not the true purpose of eating healthy and exercising. The purpose is to give your body the best opportunities possible, so that it can be the best that it can possibly be. This means that after you have done all of the right things, the body that you are left with is the one that nature has intended for you. Of course, this does not mean that there won't be a physical improvement, because trust me, there will be! I look and feel better today than I did 30 days ago, and you will, too.
So, this is my 4th week on the OptiNutrients Ignite, and I continue to get amazing results with it. I'm more alert, energized, and active. My mood is improved overall as well.
The supplement has really kept my previously out-of-control snacking habit under control. I no longer eat mindlessly throughout the day anymore. I eat when I'm hungry, don't eat when I'm not. It's a very basic concept, but I think the reason why so many of us fall into "the snack trap" is because we are more sedentary than people of our parents' generation, so we tend to eat more but move less.
Be sure to read my updates from the previous weeks, especially Week 1, to learn more about the supplement!
Below are a few of my favorite meals for for Week 4. :o)
1) Dinner-in-a-pumpkin: a casserole made of cooked 99% fat-free ground turkey meat, cooked brown rice, chicken broth, mushroom, along with favorite seasoning and spices, baked inside of a pumpkin! To serve, simply scoop out the filling, along with the pumpkin meat. This filling yet healthy meal contains a good source of protein, vegetable, and complex carbohydrates.
It may not look pretty, but it surely is delicious!
2) Margherita pizza: I mentioned in Week 1 that I try to avoid processed carbs (flour, pasta, etc.) as much as possible, but I don't avoid them completely because I think that eating them once in awhile is okay. So, I treated Sean and myself to a homemade Margherita pizza!
For this pizza, I made the dough out of a high-quality unbleached flour, simple pizza sauce, low-fat Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced tomato, and Italian herbs and spices.
Week 1: 127 lbs. / 57.6 kilo
Week 2: 122 lbs. / 55.34
Week 3: 121 lbs. / 54.88
Week 4: 120 lbs. / 54.43
Total weight lost: 7 lbs. / 3.17 kilo
*The food ingredients and gym membership are paid for by me.
**The OptiNutrients Ignite supplement was sent to me, free of charge, to review. The opinions stated here are my own.