Ahhh, there is nothing more comforting than curling up with a delicious cup of tea and a marvelous book while it is raining outside. In fact, it is raining hard outside, as I am sitting here to write this blog post.
A cup of hot matcha green tea on a cold Winter day is just so perfect!
What is matcha? It is a powdered green tea that has been enjoyed in Japan for almost 1,000 years. Traditionally, the tea was reserved for royalty, religious dignitaries, and spiritual leaders.
As a big fan of matcha green tea, I am always on the lookout for the next best matcha green tea; this offering from Kiss Me Organics does not disappoint!
What makes Kiss Me Organics' Organic Matcha Green Tea so great?
- Their single-estate Japanese farm is recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System and has been dedicated to Organic Farming for over two generations.
- Their matcha green tea is certified organic from USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture), certified kosher by Kosher Japan, is vegan, JONA-certified (Japan Organic and Natural Foods Association), and JAS-certified (Japan Agricultural Standards).
- Last, but not least, the tea is from Japan!
So, what are the benefits of Kiss Me Organics' Organic Matcha Green Tea?
- It gives you all-day energy (I'll talk more about this below).
- Boosts your metabolism.
- Increases focus (hey, I'm writing to you right now, late at night!).
- Improve skin health (my skin does feel more hydrated, ever since I started drinking this tea, yes).
- Up to 137X the EGCG of brewed green tea.
My experience: Whoa, this tea is potent! The instruction says to use 1/2-1 teaspoon, but this is pure, undiluted green tea powder, and even 1/2 teaspoon was too flavorful for a large 16-oz mug! Of course, this is based on my palate; you might prefer your tea stronger.
I would recommend using only 1/2 teaspoon (or even only 1/4!) for a 16-oz mug of boiling water.
The scent and flavor of this tea are absolutely beautiful. It has a comforting, slightly roasted aroma, and mildly vegetal in taste; not so distractedly vegetal, but more like to inform you of its freshness.
Overall, this is such a pleasant and likable tea! I definitely do feel more energized after only 1/3 of a mug of this, and I really believe that it helps in hydrating my skin from the inside out.
So, how does one enjoy Kiss Me Organics' Organic Matcha Green Tea?
- Simply mix it in some boiled water and enjoy.
- Make a matcha green tea latte! My favorite method is to brew it as usual, and then stir in some sweetened condensed milk.
- Make a matcha milk shake! Simply make a vanilla ice-cream shake as usual, but add in some of this green tea. Trust me, you'll love it.
- Add it to your vanilla cake batter, or vanilla frosting, to make green tea cupcakes!
Cost: $25 for 4 oz (113g)
Where to buy: Amazon
**This product was sent to me, free of charge, to review. All opinions expressed here are my own. All images, except for the very first one (which was taken by me), belong to Kiss Me Organics.
Do you like to drink tea?
If you have a blog, feel free to leave the link to it with your comment. I would love to visit!